Saturday, October 21, 2006

Looking for a Job?

Thanks to all of your help we've been building a tremendous network of UPS PG alums. Not only is there the blog's mailing list and your regular contacts with me and each other, but the ASK Network is also huge, with over 200 alums from our department.

But perhaps we could be more proactive, especially when it comes to those looking for a job. I'd like to experiment with providing a place where job seekers could shout-out to alums who might be able to provide contacts or suggestions. I've looked at some of the networking sites (like LinkedIn) as a way to do this but I don't want our readers to have to sign up for yet another service.

So here is what I'm suggesting:

1. If you're an alum out on the market, we'd be happy to blog about you and host your resume for other readers who might be able to help you out.
2. If you're an alum who has a job opening, we'd be happy to blog about the position and steer potential job candidates your way.

As spring rolls around and our seniors starting looking for work in earnest, I will try to formalize all this with a page that highlights their skills and career interests.

Do you have an idea of how we might best organize this on our end? If so, leave a comment or email me. I would very much welcome feedback on the idea and thoughts on how to make it best work.

Let the networking begin...