I’m reaching out with student internship opportunity with Rebecca Parson’s campaign for Congress in Washington’s 6th Congressional District.
Interns who join us will gain practical political knowledge, including:
· How to develop and execute a field program, including targeting, canvassing, phone banking, and text banking
· Campaign fundraising
· How a campaign message is formed and delivered to voters
· Debate preparation
· Political advertising, including digital ads
· The software and apps used in every aspect of a modern campaign
· Campaign event organization, staffing, and execution
· Volunteer recruitment and organization
Internships are available starting the week of January 6th and will continue through the fall. We are looking for a commitment of 10-20 hours per week per student and we can work with your institution to ensure students receive credit, if desired.
Rebecca is running on a platform of free college tuition, the Green New Deal, single-payer Medicare for All, and national rent control. She has received endorsements from Brand New Congress — the organization that recruited Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to run for Congress — as well as Our Revolution Washington and the local DSA chapters.
Please let me know if this is something you can share with students, and if there is anything else I can provide. Interested students can reach out to me directly to initiate the process.
Director of Operations
Rebecca for Congress 2020