The REAL Change Organizing and Advocacy Fellowship to Fight Poverty
Why do 2.4 billion people live on less than $2 per day? Why are 1 in 5 children at risk of going to bed hungry in the richest nation on the plant? RESULTS’ mission is to create the public and political will to end poverty by empowering individuals to exercise their personal and political power for change. Become a REAL Change Fellow learn how to become a change maker who fights poverty at home and abroad.
We are looking for the next generation of young activists and leaders in fighting poverty at home and abroad. RESULTS will train and guide you to create personal relationships with policymakers in Congress and other branches of government. We’ll train and support you to speak powerfully and engage with the media and your community. RESULTS has proven over the past 33 years that when people like you use their voices effectively, we can make progress towards ending poverty.
As A REAL Change Fellow You Will:
- Receive training and support over 12 months to become a powerful advocate for the end of poverty.
- Learn how to lobby your member of Congress on everything from appropriations to global health initiatives like GAVI (Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations).
- Become a skilled organizer who mobilizes your community to fight poverty.
- Attend the RESULTS International Conference (IC) featuring speakers like World Bank President Dr. Jim Kim.
- Write pieces that get published in the media.
- Start your own RESULTS chapter or help a local RESULTS chapter grow and thrive.
- Passion for creating change and fighting poverty.
- Ability to commit an average of 3-6 hours per week.
- Commitment to join biweekly conference calls on Wednesday nights.
- Preference given to those with past experience in student or community activism, political campaigns, or other anti-poverty or social justice focused activities.
- Be between the ages of 18 - 28 at the start of Fellowship.
- Attend full RESULTS International Conference June 21 - 24, 2014, in Washington, DC. RESULTS will cover flights, hotels, and some meals. There is a $200 fee to cover certain activities which cannot be waived. RESULTS will provide resources to help Fellows fundraise the $200 fee.
- Applications are due by 5 pm on Friday, March 21st. Admissions are rolling so applying early is encouraged.
- Applications are available here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Tugx2xFaPvF5KIsTsLoC0HOE4DWbT7ecLuIEHEE90qU/viewform