The company I work for, Journeys Within Tour Company, has a couple of positions open that I wanted to let UPS students and alumni know about. Both of the positions that we are currently hiring for are located in Siem Reap, Cambodia. This is a great experience in a developing country that is changing very quickly in a lot of ways. The Journeys Within staff is incredibly diverse and includes local teams within each country and employees from around the world. I have worked for this company out of our US office for a little less than two years and have had the opportunity to visit and meet our teams in Cambodia, Vietnam and took a quick side-trip to South Korea.
About this company:
Journeys Within is a Southeast Asia tour company dedicated to delivering unforgettable, customized trips. Journeys Within has offices in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar and the U.S. The Journeys Within director in each country is there to ensure that all goes as planned, and our amazing guides, drivers and staff all believe in the Journeys Within mission to give our guests the trip of a lifetime. As both a tour company and a ground operator, we are able to offer unique one-of-a kind experiences that allow our clients to really interact with the local communities.
Journeys Within specializes in what we call Active Philanthropy, the idea that when we visit a country or community, our visit has a tangible positive impact. Having been described by Conde Nast Magazine as “pioneers in philanthropic travel,” Journeys Within believes not just in empowering the local people to better their own lives, but believes in empowering travelers to help give them that chance. This is why Journeys Within started Journeys Within Our Community, or “JWOC,” in 2005. The Journeys Within Tour Company and the JWOC non-profit work together to ensure that our impact is positive and sustainable in the local communities.
The positions that we are looking for:
1. OPERATIONS MANAGER
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for overseeing all ground operations throughout Cambodia and Vietnam. Managing the day-to-day operations, you will work closely with the individual country teams to coordinate and guarantee the smooth running of Journeys Within tours. Additional key responsibilities include but are not limited to: product development, quality control, customer service and client communication, team training and development, staff management. A 2-year contracted commitment is required, in addition to a strong background in the travel industry. This position is based in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Essential Performance Skills
• You must be effective at leading and working as a team. Candidates must be well-organized and skilled at managing details and be able to comprehend and plan for the ‘big picture’.
• You must be able to take initiative, multi-task, and prioritize. In order to do this, you must be effective at decision making, problem solving, and thinking on your feet. Diligence and persistence are also highly important characteristics for this position.
• You must have a continuous commitment to quality and take pride in your work. Along these lines, you must be passionate about customer service and able to effectively engage a variety of clients. You must be able to remain calm and diplomatic under pressure.
• You must be diligent and persistent, and effective at written and verbal communications. Please keep in mind that English is a second language for the majority of our team so clear communications are essential. Business acumen is equally important.
• You must have a passion for travel, interest in global cultures, and understand what cultural and philanthropic travelers want to experience.
2. BOOKING COORDINATOR
As Booking Coordinator you will be responsible for assisting in tour bookings. The duties for this position include, but are not limited to: quality control, customer service and client/ground operator/vendor communication, preparing and sending travel documents. We are looking for an applicant who is very detail oriented, self-motivated, has administrative experience, and has the desire to grow within the Journeys Within team. A 2-year contracted commitment is required, and fluency in English is essential. This position is based in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Interested parties for wither position should email a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information available at http://www.journeys-within.com/