As the nation’s premier student action group, PIRG Campus Action is hiring campus organizers to empower student leaders and win concrete results on public interest campaigns ranging from getting our campuses to 100% renewable energy, to saving students money on textbooks by promoting open educational resources.
PIRG Campus Action is a project of the PIRG student chapters. Our organizers work with students on college campuses across the country, giving them the resources they need to unlock their full power to build a brighter future. We know college students have the power to make a difference. From the Freedom Riders of the ‘60s to the voter registration drives of today, from the anti-apartheid movement of the ‘80s to the drive for fossil fuel divestment now, students — past, present and future — are always pushing our communities, our country and our world forward.
WHAT YOU’LL DO-
With PIRG Campus Action, you’ll work with students who, like you, believe it’s our right and responsibility to shape the future we all want. You’ll work with students to decide the strategies and tactics they’ll use to run campaigns that promote clean energy, public health, a stronger democracy and more. As an organizer on campus, you’ll:
- Engage and mobilize hundreds of students on issues ranging from tackling climate change and getting big money out of politics, to organizing voter registration drives and increasing recycling on campus
- Recruit and train students to plan and run effective campaigns on and off campus, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support and direct advocacy
- Build a strong, sustainable, student-funded, student-run organization on campus
- Build relationships with other student groups, faculty and administrators
- Run a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues
PAY & BENEFITS-
The target annual compensation for this position is $26,500 in the first year. Each of the groups that partner with PIRG Campus Action offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. To learn more visit www.PIRGCampusAction.org
We’re hiring organizers to work on college campuses in California, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Oregon, North Carolina, and a few other states. Immediate openings also available.
For more information, visit PIRGCampusAction.org.