Sunday, November 12, 2006

Spring Break in DC? Time to Commit!

The department needs to get started on planning the Spring Break to DC. As we've mentioned on the blog before, our intention is to schedule a series of informational meetings, tours and social events with UPS alums in the DC area to give students a sense of life around Capitol Hill. You will be responsible for the costs involved, though we'll work on finding inexpensive housing. Right now it looks like there are flights to Baltimore for about $300 from Seattle, and there are various guest houses in DC where you should be able to stay for under $50 a night.

In order to get moving on this we need firm commitments from all those students interested in going. I know I have already heard from some of you, but would you email me and let me know if you plan on attending? I'd like to get a head count to see if we have enough folks to get this going. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

P.S. This is open to ALL students on campus, irrespective of major.