Call for Proposals. MPSA Conference.
Proposal Deadline: 10/2/2006.
Conference: 4/12-4/15/07. Downtown Chicago
With the school year starting, now is the time to consider submitting a proposal to present at the MPSA National Political Science conference, held April 12-15, 2007, at the Palmer House Hilton (the oldest continuously operating hotel in America) in Downtown Chicago near Millennium Park and the Art Institute. This conference is one of the largest in the discipline, with around 4,000 presenters and 700 panels. There are currently 65 different "sections" (subfields or related organizations) that accept papers, panels, posters, chairs/discussants or roundtables - several are new for 2006. For a full list of the different sections, see the link below. We have included a link to the 2006 conference program so you can see what is typically presented at the conference.
Conference registration is modest; faculty members pay as little as $100 and graduate students $31. Registration is more if you register late or do not stay in the conference hotel.
Hotel rates range from $99 for a Studio Single (they are small) to $174 for a regular single room, to $215 for a Towers single (which includes continental breakfast, snacks, etc.).
We will continue our experiment from 2006, and accept a limited number of proposals for a special section of research conducted by undergraduate students. The idea is to give them exposure to the professional life of an academic so they can make better informed decisions about graduate school. Please encourage your best students to submit a proposal (the deadline for this group only is 12/1/2006).
* Submit a Conference Proposalhttp://www.indiana.edu/~mpsa/proposal/papermenu.html
* Program Committee ww.indiana.edu/~mpsa/conferences/2007ProgramCommittee.html
* 2006 Conf. Program www.indiana.edu/~mpsa/conferences/2006ProgramPage.html
* Hotel & Travel Info.: www.indiana.edu/~mpsa/conferences/travel.html
* Undergrad Proposal: www.indiana.edu/~mpsa/proposal/undergradproposal2007.html
*****ABOUT THE MPSA*****
The MPSA is a national organization with a membership of almost four thousand political science professors, students, and public administrators. Founded in 1939, the MPSA is dedicated to the advancement of scholarship in all areas of political science. The Current President of the MPSA Council is Gregory Caldeira, The Ohio State University. A complete listing of the Council is available on the website.
* Renew/Start Membership www.indiana.edu/~mpsa/cgi-bin/directionsold.html
The MPSA also publishes the American Journal of Political Science, a premier journal for research in all major areas of political science. The current editor of the AJPS is Marianne Stewart, University of Texas-Dallas. www.ajps.org
MPSA, 320 W. Eighth St, Ste 218, Bloomington, IN 47404
* Conference Info., Advertising/Exhibitors, Receptions/Meetings: email@example.com
* Proposal Submittal Forms, Web Site, Membership & Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org