Monday, September 18, 2006

Juniors: Public Policy and International Affairs Summer Institute at Princeton

This is a great opportunity for any of our juniors with an interest in public policy and international affairs. Each student enrolled in the Summer Institute is fully funded and receives financial support for the total cost. Deadline is November 1. Come see me if you have any questions.

Public Policy and International Affairs (PPIA) Junior Summer Institute at Princeton University

The goal of the program is to prepare students for graduate study and careers in public policy and international affairs. This goal is achieved by providing participants with the tools of critical thinking, speaking, writing, and quantitative reasoning and with the skills and experiences necessary to create, analyze, implement, evaluate, and affect policy in a multicultural, multiethnic society.

Applicants must:

* Be enrolled as college juniors who will have one or two semesters remaining in an accredited college after completing the summer institute; this includes international students pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited U.S. four-year college or university located in the U.S.
* Demonstrate an interest in and commitment to cross-cultural and social issues and public service.
* Demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to a career in public or international affairs.
* Contribute to the diversity of perspectives in public policy or international affairs.

Application Requirements

An applicant must submit the following materials:

* The completed PPIA JSI application (available online at
* A résumé that includes work experience, extracurricular activities, foreign travel, language abilities, community involvement, and other experiences relevant to public affairs.
* A personal statement highlighting cultural experiences, social sensitivity, leadership skills, and a commitment to public service.
* Official academic transcripts.
* Two letters of recommendation.
* A copy of the student's financial aid award letter, Student Aid Report (SAR), and completion of the financial information section on the application. If the student is not receiving financial aid, please submit parent/guardian's income tax forms.