Thursday, September 13, 2007

Alums: We need your advice!

I'm currently teaching PG 250, which is the department's course on writing and research. It's also a good place for us to get majors together at an early stage in their degree to talk about maximizing their education and about life after graduation.

To that end, I'm hoping I might call upon our alums to share their wisdom with us about life after UPS. What exact form this might take isn't set in place, but I am thinking about having alums give their advice and thoughts in response to particular issues or questions that the students would provide. So we might generate a range of questions, and alums could give their thoughts to whatever questions and to whatever extent they saw fit.

In the near future I will contact some of you directly to ask for your participation, but I'd like to reach out to all of our alums, many of whom I don't know. If you are willing to help guide our majors, would you be so kind as to drop me an email at poneil@ups.edu?

Thanks in advance for all our alums have done in making our program and university a great place to teach.