Monday, August 28, 2006

Welcome Back!

It's still too early for most students to be up, so the campus is not yet abuzz with the comings and goings of students. But already I've run into one befuddled freshman trying to figure out where his class is, which it turns out doesn't start until the late afternoon.

It's already 75 in my office and it's not yet nine. I suspect it will crack 90 by the afternoon. Most of Wyatt doesn't have air conditioning--a cost-cutting move that will, I think, come back to haunt us. Perhaps this is something that should be subject to the Institutional Review Board's policy on projects involving human subjects.

Update: I overexaggerated--at 4 pm the office only reached 88 degrees.

Welcome back, Politics and Government students, and everyone who has returned to campus. Best wishes for the new year.