Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Trail Wants You

Just came in the email. If you're an alum and haven't seen The Trail for some time, you can find it online here.

Hello Department Heads, Program Directors, and Professors. I'm Brandon Lueken, this years Editor in Chief of the Trail. I'd like your help. I'm looking for writers, copy editors, editors, and basically anyone who might be interested in working for the Newspaper. I know that traditionally, The Trail has been dominated by students who come from a select few departments, but I'd like to change that. This is a student newspaper, it should represent the students. If students from just a few majors sound off, then that doesn't accurately reflect the student body very well. I would like to expand the staff of the newspaper into all the different departments on campus, but to do that I need your help.

If you could send out an e-mail among your respective departments, or talk with other professors, and announce that The Trail is looking for people to a variety of positions to your classes in the coming fall, that would be a big help. I know the first few days of any class are hectic, but just like any of you, I'm getting started as well. We need writers, and I want to draw from as big a pool as possible.
I know for certain majors it can be hard to balance four classes plus extra curricular activities, but if we don't hear from those sides of schools, then it's hard for The Trail to gauge the beat of the campus and figure out what we're covering.

If you want more detail about spreading the word this fall, then just send me an e-mail back, or if you'd like to talk about anything at all regarding the Trail, just send me an e-mail and we can arrange something. I'm open for a meeting at any time of the day.

I hope that you all can help. I'd like to get more upperclassmen involved in the paper and allow for people to better know the school they attend.

Thank you very much.

Respectfully,
Brandon Lueken
Editor in Chief
The Trail
trail@ups.edu
Main Desk: 253-879-3197
Fax: 253-879-3667