Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Watson Fellow: Greg Groggel '06

Don Share and I received the following email from Greg Groggel '06 who took our PG 102 Introduction to Comparative Politics course several years ago. He was awarded a Watson Fellowship for the project "Chasing the Flame: The Lasting Legacy of Hosting the Summer Olympics Mexico, Germany, Russia, South Korea, Australia, China". You'll find his website documenting his travels here.

"Professors O'Neil and Share,

I have been in Mexico City for about a week now commencing my Watson
Fellowship. A couple days ago I attended the Obrador rally and march
along with an estimated 1.2 million other people. Quite the
spectacle. I took some photographs and thought I would send them your
way."

If you've followed the news on this, you know about the protests regarding the close presidential election, in which Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador of the PRD lost by a whisker to Felipe Calderon of the PAN.
Obrador3

Obrador4

Obrador2

Obrador1