Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Boot Camp and Coming Home

Clay Fleener '96 sent along this very interesting article about a "boot camp" for liberal arts majors who want to get a quick immersion in business education. The program, called Bridge to Business, is four weeks in Toronto.

Clay writes "I wish I had taken more business classes and almost think they should be part of the core curriculum, but that’s just my opinion. I just received my MBA from Seattle U and have recently accepted a position with Boeing in supply chain management on the 787 program. It’s great international experience dealing with all of our overseas suppliers but a huge challenge just getting everyone on the same page. I hope to be down there for homecoming this year since it’s been 10 years already!"

Clay is happy to chat with anyone looking to business school or Boeing. Drop me a line if you want to get in touch with him.

And that raises the question of Homecoming. Will you be here? I'd love to host an informal gathering of PG alums, whether on campus or off. Drop me a note if you plan on coming and I'll try to set up a time if there are several of you with overlapping schedules. Otherwise, I'd be happy to get together with anyone for a meal or a drink.