Alums: If you've been out in the legislative field for a few years, this might be of interest to you. Let me know if you are interested and I can put you in touch with someone who may know more about the job.
REGIONAL HEALTH CARE POLICY MANAGER
Job Requisition Number: 30014
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: OLYMPIA, Washington 98506-0000
Salary Minimum: Negotiable
Salary Maximum: Negotiable
Who we need!
Providence Health and Services is seeking a Regional Health Care Policy Manager. This position will be seated in Olympia. The Regional Health Care Policy Manager is responsible for the management of the Regulatory Affairs functions, including research and policy analysis, implementation, and communications with internal/external audiences on priority Providence Health & Services issues that relate to health Regional operations with special emphasis on finance, access, quality, compliance and certification issues. In addition, under the general direction of the Washington Montana Chief Strategic Officer, this position services as the primary Providence Health & Services contact with agencies on health care/financial policy issues.
Key accountabilities assigned to this position will include, but will not be limited to:
* Monitoring major regulatory initiatives of key agencies within the full continuum of healthcare including but not limited to Washington State Department of Health (DOH), DSHS, L&I, HCQA etc); also monitoring the Governors regulatory policy agenda and providing counsel and information to operations leaders and others where appropriate
* Conducting research and policy analysis, implementation, and communications with internal/external audiences on priority and Providence Health and Regional policy issues that relate to health system operations with a special emphasis on quality, access, payment, and certification issues
* Under the direction of the Washington Montana Chief Strategic Officer, serving as the main Providence Health & Services contact with certain State agencies on health/financial policy issues; developing relationships with key executive branch officials
* Advancing the policy objectives of the Providence Health & Services System in Washington and Montana through the establishment of effective working relationships
* Establishing and nurturing a strong focus on government affairs at the local level including work with local community boards and staff; this position is accountable for building and supporting the local government affairs infrastructure that can be utilized to support the achievements of Providences public policy objectives
Education: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Law, Political Science, Business, Communications, Government, or Health Administration with a Master’s degree in a related discipline preferred. The education requirement may be waived if the hiring authority deems the individual has equivalent experience and/or technical training.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of five years of work experience in legislative or regulatory activities, health administration or legal research communications, or public relations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated leadership, program management, communication, analytical, creative conceptual thinking, and writing skills are required. The position requires demonstrated competency in research, writing, public speaking, and personal computer and software applications.
Amber D. Lewis
Regional Government Relations Manager
Providence Health & Services
Washington Montana Region
2120 B Caton Way SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Office Phone: 360-486-6654
Cell Phone: 360-915-3882
Toll Free: 1-800-992-1388 ext. 3-6654