Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Crack Worthy Email

I'm still on my quest to provide better information to those of you out there reading your email on mobile devices like cell phones or Crackberries. To hear tell, while the link-only weekly email might be good for us regular PC users, having links--and only links--aren't the best way to get info from the department on a mobile.

Here's an alternative. From Feedburner, you can subscribe to get a daily email with the text of that day's blog postings from the department. Sadly, it can't be configured to a weekly aggregration, so the trade-off is that you get an email a day, which may be too much for your taste.

If you are interested, subscribe by clicking on the link Daily Email Update (text) here or over on the right column.

If you give it a try, do let me know what you think.

UPDATE: I've been using it as a test, and so far the emails seem pretty clean, at least on my PC. Again, I'll be interested in hearing from anyone who gets them sent to their mobile gadget.