Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Boeing Career Foundations Program

From Brian Stewart '07:

Last summer I had the opportunity to intern for The Boeing Company working as a supply chain analyst and procurement agent for the 747 fuselage. The internship was a great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge about general business, plus earn some summer money. The Boeing business internship prides itself on offering its interns the opportunity to do “real work”. My responsibilities included daily management of the production process, payment to the supplier, traveling to the supplier’s locations in Dallas and LA throughout the summer, supplier audits, and of course all the wonderful intern activities Boeing offers. I learned a lot about how to be successful with day-to-day tasks as well as special and long-term projects.

At the end of my internship this past summer, I also had the opportunity to apply for Boeing’s 2-year rotational training program called the Boeing Career Foundations Program (BCFP). I decided to toss my resume in with all of the other applicants, and I was offered an interview and then the job. For the next 2 years I will be working in the Seattle area for The Boeing Company changing jobs every 4 months. This training program allows its participants to learn about 6 different business units. The program is finance in nature and the rotations range from supplier management to contracts to international business. The program allows its participants to explore many areas of the company to help tailor the 2-year experience to his or her interests.

I found myself happy that I pressured myself to research and find an internship the fall of my junior year that would interest me and provide me with future opportunities like the BCFP. I will also be researching MBA and/or JD programs in the next few years.

For people interested in the Boeing business internship or BCFP you can visit the Boeing employment website http://www.boeing.com/employment/index.html. Also feel free to contact me.

Brian Stewart

Tags: