PG Majors: if you are interested in attending, let me know and I'll see what we can do to cover part or all of the registration fee:
What is NEW Leadership Puget Sound?
NEW (National Education for Women's) Leadership Puget Sound is an intensive six-day institute open to students who attend university or college in the Puget Sound region or who have a permanent residence here.
The 2009 NEW Leadership Institute will be held June 15-20 in Seattle. Applications for the Institute will be accepted until February 27, 2009.
The NEW Leadership curriculum is designed to:
* Cultivate leadership skills
* Connect participants with women leaders who make a difference in civic life and the public sphere
* Help students explore the demands and rewards of leadership in a diverse society
* Empower students to practice leadership through action
During the institute students will:
* Meet with interesting and active women who are leaders in their communities, non-profit organizations, local and state government, and businesses
* Receive interactive skills training on public speaking, fundraising, negotiation & conflict resolution, diversity and networking
* Develop valuable social networks with peers and mentors
Graduates of the institute will receive information and assistance to help them continue to grow as leaders through involvement with the NEW Leadership Alumnae Association.
NEW Leadership would like to thank the following units of the University of Washington for their generous support: The College of Arts and Sciences, Undergraduate Academic Affairs, The Graduate School, the Diversity Research Institute, the Department of Political Science, and the Center for Communication and Civic Engagement.
Additional generous support from private donors and The Center for Women & Democracy underwrites the expenses of the Institute and makes it possible for students to attend without regard to financial ability.