Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Brian Stewart '07 on Boeing and Clinton

This in From Brian Stewart '06. Students, check out the job opportunity Brian has secured at Boeing--it's pretty terrific. The link is below:

Brian Stewart and Family with Hillary

I had the opportunity to meet and talk with Hillary Clinton the weekend before the Iowa caucus while I was visiting family for the holiday. My grandpa is an Iowa State Senator, and he supports Hillary for the nomination. My grandpa was campaigning with her in his district on Saturday December, 29th and invited us as special attendees to one of her rallies in Iowa. After the rally and her stump speech I met the Governor of Ohio and then my family and I had the opportunity to talk with Hillary. Hillary and I chatted about Washington, about the Boeing Company, and my job at Boeing. She and my dad talked about law school. Hillary went to Yale and my dad went to Harvard so they had a rival moment, which was fun. A few days later the conversation we had with Hillary was aired on CSPAN. It was a neat experience, and Hillary was very impressive.

I thought I would share a picture, and maybe you'd like to post it on the blog.

As for me, I'm in my second rotation in my program with Boeing. I'm working with a Japanese partner, which has been a great experience. I probably wont have the chance to visit Japan because our partner comes to Seattle more than we go to Japan. It's been fun negotiating with them face-to-face on a semi-regular basis. I'm also trying to get into the political and international areas of Boeing. I might be moving to Washington D.C. for 4 months to do a rotation later in the year to work with the International Operations business unit to experience that side of the company.

Hope all is well,

Brian