Junior Summer Institutes
The PPIA Junior Summer Institutes (JSI) have been the hallmark of the PPIA Fellowship Program for over 20 years. JSI is an intensive seven-week summer program that focuses on preparing students for graduate programs in public and international affairs and careers as policy professionals, public administrators and other leadership roles in public service. The JSI curriculum includes economics, statistics, domestic/international policy issues and leadership topics, all designed to sharpen the students' quantitative, analytic and communication skills. Extracurricular activities are also included. These skills are vital for admission into the top graduate programs in public and international affairs. The successful completion of a summer institute is a requirement for PPIA Fellows.
As a PPIA Fellow you are entitled to the following benefits:
- Full tuition at a PPIA Junior Summer Institute.
- Eligibility to receive assistance with travel expenses.
- Minimum of $1,000 stipend.
- University housing with a meal plan.
- Books and related course materials.
- GRE prep.
So what is PPIA?
* A fellowship program that provides student training and financial support for graduate school and facilitates ongoing professional development.
* A consortium of the top public and international affairs graduate programs in the nation.
* An outreach program that seeks to educate and inspire young people of all ages and from all backgrounds about public service.
* An alumni association of approximately 3,000 PPIA Fellows from all across the nation.