Summer 2007 Internships
USAID has fifteen Summer 2007 paid internships available in the Bureau for Europe and Eurasia located in Washington, D.C. This is an excellent opportunity for outstanding students interested in pursuing careers in international development. Interested students are encouraged to visit the Bureau for Europe and Eurasia website (http://www.usaid.gov/locations/europe_eurasia/) to familiarize themselves with USAID’s work in the region and identify areas of particular interest.
The criteria for selection are:
- Students must be U.S. citizens. Selected students will be required to undergo a security clearance process and sign a personal services contract.
- Students must be university or college students (juniors, seniors or graduate students).
- Application requirements are:
- A Letter of Interest
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of reference
- Verification from the university or college of current enrollment
- Applicants should be studying relevant disciplines (public policy, international relations, economics, journalism, agriculture, public administration, law, political science, health, science, finance, etc.).
- Flexibility, initiative, enthusiasm, good interpersonal skills and lots of energy are desired. Computer skills are a necessity.
Normally, the internships range from eight to ten weeks in duration and commence from late May through mid-June. Due to the large number of applications received, we may be unable to respond to all of the applicants individually. We hope to contact candidates under consideration by late-February or early-March.
USAID is an Equal Opportunity Employer.