Monday, June 19, 2006

The Internationalist

This student magazine based in Seattle was originally founded by students at UPS. At graduation a couple of years back they took their project with them and have been spreading the word far and wide on college campuses across the US. They have also joined forces with the Roosevelt Institution, a national student think-tank.

Professor Weinberger in our department is one of their guest bloggers (though I don't know how he feels about how they have rendered him), and I serve on their board. An impressive publication, and another example of something I wouldn't have dared to do at their age--or, come to think of it, at my age. I guess that's why I'm an academic--the model profession for the risk-averse.

The Internationalist

Oh and students, why not intern there?