Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Office of Congressman Adam Smith recruiting for District Office Interns. Deadline Friday, 4/1

My name is Amina Mohamed, I am the intern coordinator in Congressman Adam Smith's district office located in Renton, WA. We are currently accepting applications for summer internships. Please pass this along to students that would be interested! I have attached the internship applications to this email. Please visit the Congressman's website for more information regarding the qualifications and job responsibilities: https://adamsmith.house.gov/services/internships.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

"During my fourth year at the University of Washington I interned for Congressman Adam Smith in his District Office. Before my internship I only had a vague understanding of policy and the legislative process. While I was there I had the opportunity to learn about all of the inner workings of a congressional office. Through constituent correspondent and letter writing opportunities I was able to greatly improve my written and oral communication skills. My internship initiated an unknown passion I had more public service and policy. After I graduated from the University of Washington I applied for an internship in Congressman Adam Smith's Washington DC office. After working there for a month I was offered a full time, permanent position. I could not be happier with where my initial internship opportunity has led me."
                       - Savannah R., University of Washington

Application Deadlines

Sessions are very flexible and can be moved or combined:
District Office (Renton, WA) Summer Internship (May - August): Deadline April 1st*
*Applications received after these dates will be accepted, but will not be guaranteed consideration.

Applications for both the full-time and part-time internship program in the District Office must submit an application packet including a letter of interest, resume, and two letters of recommendation.

Amina Mohamed
Constituent Services Representative 
Office: 425.793.5180 | Fax: 425.793.5181