PROGRAM OVERVIEWExperiential Learning at Puget Sound offers a summer internship program that is designed to support talented Puget Sound students who wish to enhance their knowledge on a career trajectory, but would not otherwise be able to participate in an unpaid internship program. Participating Pierce County organizations will engage a Puget Sound student for a ten-week assignment commencing after graduation and ending around July 30, 2016. Intern participants will work at least 30 hours each week, two of which will be reserved for a weekly educational component on campus. These weekly educational seminars will provide students with the opportunity to connect their intern experience with their academic discipline. Intern participants will work varying schedules depending on the needs of the participating organizations and will have limited academic assignments throughout the summer. Students who are selected for the internship program will engage in ongoing reflection and self-assessment culminating in a final presentation at a campus symposium in the Fall ‘16.
Intern participants will be awarded $3000 for their 10-week participation in the program. In addition to the monetary award, participating interns will also be offered ten-weeks of on-campus housing for a total fee of $100. Note that this housing does not include meals. Also, some organizational sites may have additional costs such as parking or transportation.
- Must be a current Puget Sound student.
- Open to sophomores and juniors from all majors, unless otherwise specified.
Current seniors are not eligible unless returning as a student for the fall 2016 semester.
- Good academic and conduct record.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.5
- Attend one of the Application Preparation Sessions
1. Fill out an Application Intent Form
2. Attend one of our Application Sessions at Career and Employment Services (Howarth 101) on the following dates
- Tuesday, February 16, 5-6pm
- Wednesday, February 17, 12-1pm
- Thursday, February 18, 4-5pm
3. Complete your application. You will be given further instructions at the Application Sessions.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm (PST) on Friday, February 26th. Incomplete or late submissions will NOT be accepted. No exceptions. Remember that you must attend at least one application preparation session in order to apply to the program.