Tuesday, March 24, 2015

P&G Grad Update- Moira Fagan

From: Moira Fagan
Date: Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM
Subject: Saying Hello
To: poneil@pugetsound.edu

Hi Prof. O'Neil,
It's been quite a while since I've seen you, so I wanted to reach out with a quick life update and an opportunity to do a good deed.

For the past couple of months I've been living in Soissons, a town about an hour northeast of Paris, working as an English assistant in the local elementary schools.  It's been a lot of fun, and I've been documenting some of my travels and day-to-day life in this blog: https://faganinfrance.wordpress.com/.  And as you know, I'll be studying Global Governance, Politics, and Security at American University in the fall.

But before I go back to school, I'm planning on riding a bike from Providence, RI to Seattle, WA with a group called Bike and Build.  Bike and Build raises money and awareness for affordable housing around the country, which makes it a similar organization to Habitat for Humanity.  Each rider is asked to raise $4,500 before the trip starts in June, so I've been reaching out to everyone I've ever met to ask for their support.  If you're interested in contributing, check out my rider page: http://bikeandbuild.org/rider/7850.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!  Post-grad life is fun, but UPS was a wonderful experience, and the academics were incredible. I'm glad to have taken a bit of time off school, but I'm excited to start the the next stage of my education.
Hoping you are well,

Moira Fagan