YES ON PROP. 1
FIX TACOMA STREETS NOW
Tacoma Street Improvements & Safety Upgrades
Campaign Internship Position Description
Location: Tacoma, Wash
Contact: Resumes/Letters of Interest should be submitted to email@example.com and addressed to Dillon Gilbert. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Fix Tacoma Streets is a campaign in support of Tacoma’s Proposition 1, on the ballot this November. Proposition 1, if passed, would:
· Fix over 3,600+ potholes annually.
· Repave an additional 510 neighborhood blocks annually.
· Add 56 flashing beacons at neighborhood schools and community centers.
· Synchronize traffic lights at busy intersections to keep our roads flowing.
· Restriping and adding safety crosswalks city-wide near parks, schools, community centers and other high-traffic areas.
· More information can be found at http://www.cityoftacoma.org/cms/one.aspx?objectId=34874.
Internships with Fix Tacoma Streets will include:
· Managing and developing social media platforms and content.
· Assisting in overall day-to-day operation of campaign website.
· Executing campaign outreach and field program
· Coordinating some fundraising efforts and event planning
An interested applicant should have, above all, a good sense of humor, a willingness to put in hard work and an overall interest in the following-
· Using social media tools like Facebook and Twitter to inspire action and spread a message
· A desire to learn more about the operation of political campaigns and grassroots organizing
· Local government and public policy
This is an unpaid position. We are more than happy to work with prospective interns to make this count for university credit. Interested applicants should send a one-page letter of interest describing your interest in learning about political campaigns. For extra credit, feel free to include a resume! All applications should be sent to Dillon Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.