Monday, April 25, 2011

Teach English in South Korea

FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY!! GREAT PERKS!!

From: liz@korearecruiting.com [mailto:liz@korearecruiting.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:10 PM
To: Career and Employment Services (CES)
Subject: Teach English in South Korea

Hello!

I’m a former Puget Sound student from the class of 2008. A couple months ago I returned from South Korea after spending 14 months as an English teacher. It was a great opportunity to travel and learn about a foreign culture, while also gaining great employment skills. Since my return, I have been helping my recruiter, Issa Cohen, founder of www.KoreaRecruiting.com find new teachers for various positions in Korea. I am not the first Puget Sound alum to make the journey to Korea; while I was over there I met up with several other former UPS students who were teaching at schools all over the country, from Seoul to Pohang, to Busan and Daegu.

I am writing to encourage students to look into teaching ESL in Korea as a great post-collegiate option. This is a wonderful opportunity for any graduating senior or recent graduate who possesses a Bachelor’s degree in any major, a clean criminal background, and speaks English as a native language. The perks include: a great salary, round-trip airfare, a huge severance packages, free accommodation, health insurance, and the ability to travel around Asia. Teaching in Korea is also a great way to weather out the economy, and the skills that people gain from teaching ESL are great assets when it comes to searching for employment in the United States after one finishes a 12-month contract.

Please see the attached flier for more information on teaching in South Korea, and check out the recruiting firm I’m working for, at www.korearecruiting.com. I encourage you to forward this email to anyone that may be interested.

Thank you,

Liz Donaldson