Monday, April 25, 2011

Spanish-Latin American Student Publication Info

Members of the Puget Sound LAS community,

A couple of months ago, you received word through the Listserv of the call for papers for The Hemispheric Review, the international student journal for Latin American affairs and policy. I am writing to give you an update on the publication’s progress and to remind you that the call for papers remains open.


I am pleased to announce that we have begun to post the membership of the editorial board on the website: www.hemisphericreview.org
. Students whose work is selected for publication will receive feedback from an impressive group of Latin America experts.

HR has received submissions from Georgetown University, the Universidad Nacional Autónomo de México, and Colombia University to name just a few. The quality of submissions has surpassed even my optimistic expectations and I look forward to presenting a wonderful issue of The Hemispheric Review this summer.

As the submission deadline approaches, I’d like to encourage you to remind students of the opportunity to have their work published in this first-of-its-kind refereed journal. I hope that you are as excited by the promise of HR as I am, and I look forward to receiving even more outstanding submissions before May 27 arrives.

Sincerely,

Noah Koubenec
President, The Hemispheric Review
noah@hemisphericreview.org