Sunday, July 12, 2009

Professor Ferrari's project in Africa

Professor Ferrari has been active in helping support educational opportunities in Tanzania, and now has a full-fledged non-profit devoted to the cause. Here's more information if you are interested and would like to help--

Many of you have heard me talking over the last few years about a project that's close to my heart: helping especially poor kids in the developing world to get at least a high school education. Even with public education, a high school diploma is out of reach for many students, often for economic reasons.

After two trips to Tanzania in the past two years, and months of seeing how hard the kids are willing to work against the odds, I knew I had to help. I've started a nonprofit organization to support a group of students and teachers in Zanzibar who are doing great work. We're called the International CATALYST Fund, and we're
registered as a 501(c)3 public charity with the IRS.

I would really appreciate it if you'd visit our website (http://www.incafund.org) to learn more about the students we're supporting. It's daunting to think about changing the world, but it's surprisingly easy to have a huge impact on one other person's life. I know these are hard times, and we have economic concerns of our own. But even small amounts of U.S. dollars go very far in the developing world. I'll be traveling back to Tanzania in September, so will personally make sure that all donations are benefiting the students.

Please learn a little more about us, join us if you can, and feel free to spread the word!