Thursday, July 23, 2009

Alex Carracino burns the Midnight Oil down under

From Alex by way of Professor Share. As I was posting this, it took me awhile before I realized that Alex is standing with Peter Garrett of Midnight Oil; folks of my age will remember their music and political activism back in the 1980s. I recall seeing them in concert in the late 1980--they rocked, as you must see here. Anyway, enough of my misty nostalgia, let's hear from Alex:


IMGP7509
I started my internship today and I'm working at the office of Kelvin Thomson, who is the Federal Member of Parliament for Wills. I'm learning a lot about the Australian political system and what it takes to prepare even one member of parliament for every day life in his position. So far I'm summarizing articles and doing research, but it's a really good experience.

090717 Electorate Minister..
I got a photo with the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and the Arts--Peter Garrett--when I went to the opening of a new environmental place, but I thought you might want to see it! And then the second picture is with the Mayor of Moreland on far left and Christine Campbell, the State member for Pascoe Vale right next to me. Just some photos from my internship! I hope your summer's going well!

-Alex