Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Laurel Bandy '07 Final Mountbatten update

A final note from Laurel Bandy '07 who has been on the Mountbatten Internship in the UK:

Time for another (maybe my last) London update! I have started the 10-week countdown and will be back in Colorado in late August....The internship program has been a wonderful experience and in the end I can say I have actually enjoyed learning about the Maritime Transport and Insurance Industry and was extremely lucky in my placement. I attended 2 rounds of International Maritime Organization Committee Meetings, 2 International Safety Panel Meetings (Vienna and Dublin), met with senior UK and US IMO delegates and discussed key safety initiatives (that passed and will be implemented internationally this year!), and am in the process of publishing a paper relating to port safety issues.

Thank you all for your e-mails, cards and encouragement this year. It has made the Atlantic pond seem much less wide.

All My Best,
Laurel