Monday, June 25, 2007

Laurel Bandy '07: Off to London

Back in April I blogged that Laurel Bandy '07 was a finalist for the Mountbatten Internship, "a carefully designed 12 month training program that provides an opportunity to learn about British and International business techniques, and to experience the rich cultural diversity of London. Successful completion of the Programme leads to the Certificate in International Business Practice". After a successful interview in SF she has been accepted into the program and writes:

Hello!
I hope this e-mail finds you enjoying your summer! I have some good news to share- I have just accepted a position through Mountbatten with Thomas Miller & Co ltd. in London. I'll be a Risk Management Project Assistant with the TT Club, which is a division that deals exclusively with marine transportation and commerce. I'm pretty excited, so something for you to blog! I'll be off August 20th. I'll keep you posted as I get more details!

Let's have more of our students do this internship. See me in the fall if you're interested.

Tags: