Wednesday, March 28, 2007

We're So Accessible

I was not aware of this, but alum Liz Perry '03 pointed me to the Princeton Review's ranking of colleges by faculty accessibility. As they put it, "good teachers are defined by more than simply the amount of classroom time they put in. The Princeton Review's annual survey of college kids reveals that the professors at these schools are those most willing to go that extra mile."

The Top Twenty:
1 United States Air Force Academy
2 United States Naval Academy
3 Wabash College
4 Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering
5 Harvey Mudd College
6 Washington and Lee University
7 Sweet Briar College
8 College of the Atlantic
9 Ripon College
10 Wellesley College
11 Davidson College
12 Lawrence University
13 Cornell College
14 Hampden-Sydney College
15 Sewanee- University of the South
16 Whitman College
17 Claremont McKenna College
18 Hillsdale College
19 Hendrix College
20 University of Puget Sound

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to shut my door and take a nap, so please don't disturb me.

Oh, before I nap, a teaser that Liz will be heading to graduate school in the fall, and we are impressed by the academic offers and yes, very proud. More details to follow.