Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Seema Sueko '94: Politics to Arts and Back to Campus

Seema Sueko '94 took her degree in Politics and Government to graduate work and from there to the theater. She's coming back on campus next month, so add it to your calendar. She writes:

I graduated from UPS in 1994, received my MA in International Relations at the University of Chicago in 1995, and promptly began putting those degrees to work in the theater. I worked as an actor in Chicago, Seattle and New York. When my husband, Troy (UPS '94), and I moved to San Diego, the lack of professional theater work here provided the right opportunity for me to co-found a theater, Mo`olelo Performing Arts Company, www.moolelo.net. Our work is politically- and socially-conscious, a perfect blend of my politics and theater passions.

I'm returning to campus in April as Geoff Proehl's World Drama Class will be reading my play, "remains," which is based on experiences I had traveling in Israel/Palestine during my junior year at UPS. I'll be participating in a Langlow Tea on April 24, a reading of the play on April 25, and a class visit on April 26.

Tags: