Are you interested in working in politics? Jay Inslee for Washington is looking for hardworking and talented individuals to join the finance, field, policy, compliance, and outreach teams in our Seattle office. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in campaign work - particularly in the fields of research, finance, community organizing, voter contact, volunteer recruitment, and more. Field internships also available in Bellevue, Everett, Federal, Olympia, Spokane, Tacoma and Vancouver.
INTERN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct research, help with database management, and provide support in fundraising by contacting donors and assisting staff at events
· Work with staff to carry out administrative duties, including data entry, mass mailings, filings, answering the phone, and other office related tasks
· Assist with special event coordination, planning, recruiting attendees, and day-of-event operations
· Assist with media monitoring, communication, and research projects
· Help recruit volunteers, organize and run statewide phone banks, and participate in voter contact
· Other responsibilities as they develop, based on intern interest areas and campaign needs
We have multiple unpaid positions the Fall (ending in mid-November). Candidates must be available to commit to consistent hours at one of our offices, with evening and weekend opportunities available. Internship duration can accommodate semesters/quarters and is flexible around class schedule. 15 hours per week minimum commitment required.
Positions open immediately. Class credit is available depending on your school requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and ready to gain some on the ground experience in the world of politics, please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to Info@JayInslee.com with “Inslee Internship” as the subject line.
NOTE FROM RENNIE MARSHALL:
Anyone interested in applying for a field position in Tacoma needs to "cc" Diane Bedwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> and myself (Rennie Marshall <email@example.com>) so we can flag it.