Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Get hired in DC

I recently received this email from alum Kerry Burgott, who has moved to DC: 

Hi Professor O'Neil. I was just thinking the other day about how UPS graduation is fast approaching. If any P&G seniors are planning on trying to make the move to DC, but are not sure how to do it, I highly recommend that they sign up with a DC temp or employment agency.

I used The Choice when I moved here in September and they placed me in the position I now hold permanently with the International Economic Development Council. The Choice (and others) does temp-to-hire or even direct hire. While the agency looks for an organization you would like to work with, they place you in short-term jobs like reception or data-entry positions. It's a good way to pay the bills while job-seeking. http://thechoiceinc.com/

 Just a thought for some future UPS alum! Feel free to give anyone my email if they would like to get in touch. I hope all is well on your end as the year comes to a close.