Friday, June 13, 2008

Alum Update: Estevan Munoz-Howard '04

Last time we heard from Estevan he was seeing the world; now he's a bit closer to home:

I just thought I'd fill you in on some of my recent updates. I got a job as Co-Director of a small nonprofit in South Seattle. The Youth Media Institute is a White Center-based organization that trains high school age youth in media justice issues and media technology. We partner with SCAN TV and KBCS radio, among several other organizations and teaching artists, who provide technical trainers for our out-of-school and summer workshops. I just returned from the National Conference for Media Reform in Minneapolis, which was very interesting and energizing; I met a ton of people and made some great contacts for future work. I mentioned a while ago that I was looking to do some work related to building social capital and I think I've found it.

Oh, also, I just got accepted to the Nonprofit Management Certification program at UW, which I'm really excited about.

I hope you are well. Thanks for keeping up with this blog; it's nice to hear about what other UPSers are up to!

Take care,

Estevan Munoz-Howard, '04